Silky Semisweet Chocolate Truffle Recipe
/ Chocolate Resources / Chocolate Recipes / Silky Semisweet Chocolate Truffle Recipe
A favorite and easy chocolate truffle recipe from our Oh Truffles cookbook. It pleases both milk and dark chocolate lovers.
By Pam Williams
Photo by au chocolat.
Yield: 35-40 pieces
4 oz. (115 g) chopped dark chocolate
4 oz. (115 g) chopped milk chocolate
1/2 cup (250ml) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 lb (500 g) each Dark and/or Milk Chocolate for dipping(optional)(see tempering instructions
1/3 cup (75 ml) Cocoa Powder for coating
1. Carefully melt both chocolates in a double boiler over hot water just until melted. Remove from heat.
2. Vigorously beat butter into warm chocolate with a whisk or at high speed with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Chill mixture until firm (approximately 1-3 hours)
4. Scrape spoon or melon-ball cutter across surface of the chilled mixture; quickly press with fingertips into 1 inch (2.5cm) balls.
5. Temper your chocolates. Dip the truffles in the chocolate, one by one, using dipping tools or a fork. If you desire, decorate them with the alternate color of tempered chocolate or sprinkle grated chocolate over the top before the chocolate coating has set. Or for a simple presentation, put the cocoa powder in a pan and roll the truffles in the powder until coated.
Stored between 60° and 68°F, the chocolates can be kept up to two weeks.
AUTHOR/BOOK CREDIT. Oh Truffles by au Chocolat | Pam Williams and Rita Morin | Stein and Day, 1984. All rights reserved.
Looking for recipe supplies? Check out our reference pages:Gourmet Bulk Chocolate Suppliers
Chocolate Mold Suppliers
Chocolate Equipment Suppliers
Want to become expert in working with chocolate in order to create beautiful chocolate bonbons, confections and bars, check out our Professional Chocolatier Program.
Get reminders about upcoming classes! To receive program updates and news, click on the following button.