Business Plan for Professional Chocolatiers
The Business Plan for Chocolatiers Program is an intensive, part-time program in developing a business plan delivered 100% online over a one-month period at the end of the Professional Chocolatier Program. During the program, students focus each week on a different section of the plan: management, marketing, operations and finance using the knowledge and research you learned during the Professional Chocolatier Program.
About Upcoming Programs
Committing to a business plan forces you to do your homework and focus on what you know and don't know about your business. This practical curriculum covers all the elements of a business plan, while at the same time focusing on those issues of importance to a chocolatier. The curriculum touches on all chocolatier business models selling through the following sales channels: retail, wholesale, Internet and/or events/markets.
Mentoring is as important as the curriculum. Our Ecole Chocolat Business Instructor and Tutor Rachel McKinley will be there right with you, giving advice and tips to make sure you don't forget anything. Besides writing the majority of the curriculum, Rachel pens a Tales from the Frontline in each module relating her direct experience in compiling – and then later revising – her own business plan.
For registrants of the March 2021 Professional Chocolatier Program Plus, the Business Plan portion of the program will be June 25 - July 23, 2021.
For those people who want to register for the Business Plan program but are not taking the Professional Chocolatier Program Plus, the next available Business Plan program is June 25 - July 23, 2021.
Ecole Chocolat STUDENTS OR GRADUATES click here: REGISTRATION
New Students, you should:
- Already be working in the industry so you know the business and your target market;
- Or feel you have completed all your research into the business aspects of owning and operating a chocolate shop.
Please contact us at: email@example.com to arrange for enrollment in this program. Registration fee is $245.00 US.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the issues and challenges of entrepreneurship.
- Chart the steps to actually starting your business and develop milestones.
- Prepare for the financial and management obligations you'll incur over the course of opening your business.
The business plan and management
- Review the importance of having a good, realistic business plan.
- Understand the options for structuring your business legally.
- Develop a comprehensive management plan.
The marketing plan
- Develop your own unique selling proposition that differentiates you from your competitors.
- Communicate your vision succinctly to your target market.
- Build a strong business model around your most important sales channel.
The operations plan
- Finalize your location and facilities, including legal obligations and financing.
- Navigate health codes and licensing.
- Realistically estimate expenditures on labor, ingredients, equipment and packaging.
The financial plan
- Understand the financial obligations that you are taking on in the business.
- Project your income and profit into the future, based on your research and assumptions.
- Develop a realistic cash-flow projection and a break-even analysis so you can track your business day by day.
This is a non-certificate course, so there are no graded assignments. You'll be working through your plan, step by step, each week using a guided worksheet focused on each module. Our goal is that you have your business plan in first-draft form by the end of this one-month program. You should plan to set aside at least six hours per week for research, thinking and writing.
Protecting your plans
All students are anonymous to each other in this program to protect your privacy and intellectual property. We do strongly encourage questions for the tutor and discussions in our forum, but, again, anonymously.
Your Learning Experience
How do we teach chocolate making online?
Our school faculty
When is the Business Plan for Chocolatiers Program offered during the year?
We offer sessions of the program starting at the end of the Professional Chocolatier Program in April, June and November each year.
Is there a restriction on the number of students you take each session?
Even though the curriculum is online, we do cut off registrations when we reach the maximum number of students our instructor and online tutor feel they have adequate time to be able to work with properly.
What our graduates have to say
"I took this course immediately following the chocolatier program and I think that was a great way for me to approach things. The program certainly helped set realistic goals for how I would start a business and have a chance at creating a success. I walk away from the program with confidence and greater understanding of the financial aspects of running a business that I would have had to spend thousands of dollars, potentially at a business school to get a similar training. This program was worth the investment."
Ginette, 2021 Graduate
“Yes, absolutely. I was very much impressed with the way the whole curriculum was laid. a very brief and detailed information on every topic was given which really helped and cleared all the little queries also while going through them. Thank you.”
Jigyasa, 2021 Graduate
“My expectations were exceeded with the curriculum. I hoped for a clear outline for a business plan and came away with detailed spreadsheets along with real world examples. This course is helping me turn a pipe dream into reality.”
Carol, 2021 Graduate
You can cancel from the Business Plan for Chocolatiers Program up to three days before the start of the program. A refund of your registration fee, minus a 10% administration fee, may take approximately 10 working days to process. Because our programs are usually full, and in order to make sure all students are committed, on the start date of your program your registration fee becomes non-refundable and non-transferable to another session (except in extraordinary circumstances).
Get reminders about upcoming classes! To receive program updates and news, click the link below.