8 Comments

1. Sophia Rea said:

I already wrote this in my Chocolate Aroma kit 5 years ago. Several people have the kit including the World Cocoa Research Center, Shawn Askinosies Chocolate University, PhD Food scientists and chocolate makers world wide. They all can attest that it is written in our kit. It is good to see that others see what I saw!

I have already got a solution to this problem of chocolate not having its due respect because we come to it at such a young age. Thank you for reiterating it. I will be posting my ideas for solutions on my Instagram account which are different than yours but all solutions lead to the same goal. Chocolate deserves its due respect.

Sophia Rea
    Projet Chocolat

January 28, 2019
    • Alysha Kropf said:

Thanks for your comments Sophia! It’s wonderful when we can come together to help move the fine chocolate industry forward, and we’ll look forward to seeing your ideas for solutions on your Instagram account in the future!

January 28, 2019
  2. Not mentioned here but really important: beautiful packaging matters. No one wants to buy a $8-10 bar when it looks similarly packaged to one that costs $3-4. It might suck to hear that but that’s the reality.

January 28, 2019
    • Alysha Kropf said:

Great point Pashmina! Beautiful packaging creates an amazing first impression, and it’s the product inside that keeps customers buying over and over again.

January 28, 2019
  3. Thanks so much for this blog post, the title alone is priceless! Wine and chocolate may share similarities (both are fermented foods boasting hundreds of flavors,) but you can draw the analogy that far.

You’re spot on sampling and this is one thing coffee, beer, and wine have that chocolate doesn’t. You can sample all three in coffee shops/brewery/tasting room where the atmosphere becomes part of the experience. You don’t get to order a few squares before committing into a whole bar. Ultimately I find that sampling is the most efficient way to convert tasters into believers. Makers can do so much and I can only urge chocolate-makers to collaborate with chocolate educators & sommeliers (like me!) to bring amazing chocolate to food lovers everywhere. Collaboration truly is key.

February 28, 2019
    • Alysha Kropf said:

Thank you so much for your comments Estelle! Tasting is definitely key in creating believers. And collaborating with educators is a great way to create more tasting opportunities.

February 28, 2019
  4. Caleb Wood said:

Great Article !!!
    My husband Birthday last week. so I organized a party for family and friends get together. I was going to have to prepare dinner through Catering all the guests, But I want unique and delicious sweets as desserts. that time she suggested me Cacao and Cardamom Chocolate shop. She said this is very Famous Chocolate Company in Houston and won nine International Chocolate Awards in the Americas, including one for innovation and gastronomy! there are the entire Chocolate range of confections is handmade and hand-painted in nature. After That, I ordered some Personalized Chocolate Bars for Birthdays, Gourmet Chocolate Party Favors. All Chocolate was very fresh, tasty. They offering services buying chocolates online. I recommend that this is Top 10 chocolate Company in Houston USA and American Made Chocolate Brands.
    Visit: https://www.cacaoandcardamom.com/

July 5, 2019
    • Alysha Kropf said:

Thank you so much for your comment, we’re so glad that you enjoyed the chocolates from Cacao and Cardamom. Annie is one of our Ecole Chocolat grads and we are so proud of her!

July 11, 2019